Your headshot is an important part of your personal brand. It can be the first impression people have of you, whether for a job application, social media profile, or any other situation that requires a professional image. However, headshots don’t last forever and it’s important to update them regularly.
Here are 5 reasons why updating your headshot is essential.
1. You’ve changed your look – If you’ve made changes to your hair, wardrobe or makeup style, it’s time to get a new headshot that accurately reflects these changes. You want your headshot to be a realistic impression of what you look like today, so that there is no disconnect when people meet you in person.
2. You’re ready for a career change – If you recently earned a new degree, certification or title that reflects your new direction in life and career, an updated headshot will help showcase this transition to potential employers and colleagues. A selfie might do for your LinkedIn profile if you’re happy at your current job, but when job hunting or actively recruiting new business, you’ll want to make sure you put your best foot forward.
3. You want to stay current – Like it or not, we all age over time and our headshots need to reflect this as well. I know you love the headshot from 20 years ago but if it doesn’t look like you, it can cause confusion. Having an up-to-date photo helps people recognize you from previous engagements as well as staying relevant in your industry or chosen field of work.
4. Your current headshot is a selfie – Selfies are great in certain social media situations but depending on your industry, a professional headshot is crucial for Linkedin, your website and events like speaking engagements. Updating your selfie to a professional headshot shows that you take yourself seriously and are not afraid to invest in yourself.
5. You want to stand out from the competition – Everyone has their own unique style and brand identity and your headshot should reflect this. Updating your headshot every year or so keeps things fresh for your online presence.
A basic headshot session with two retouched images is only $390! Book in today and cross it off your list!